Sunday, November 23, 2014

We = Selfish Blobs of Flesh with BIG Brains

So, I haven't posted a new post to this blog because
1. I've been so freakishly busy
2. I've been doing research on conservation
3. I've been busy on my other blog: World Problems and Randomness which is also connected to facebook and twitter now. Trying to be "out there" on the "Internet" and miserably failing :/


This blog is not about Amur leopard or about tigers. No! It is about conservation in general.

The things is, human beings seem to think they are on top of the existence pyramid. And I get it. I mean, we are selfish creatures. That's the way we are. Admit it! Admit it peeps!

So as my delicious looking pudding desert sit in front of me, I wonder,

WHAT DA HECK ARE WE DOING?

So where does that thought come from? Well, it comes from watching people living their lives.

We fight, we hug, we study about math (I hate math), we buy trinkets, we celebrate holidays, we buy stuff and more stuff, we create, we, we, we, we,......

Meanwhile,

ANIMALS ARE SUFFERING!!!!

And we are in La la Land 24/7. I'm not saying La la Land in the soft fluffy dreamy sense. I'm saying it in the I DON'T CARE sense. ("I don't care! I love it! I don't care!" wasn't there a song like that? Anyways.)

We think about the animal world and our world as two separate things.

But the truth is,

They
Are
Entwined and Intertwined and Mashed Together and Connected and WHOLE

BUT

Here's the twist. Animals can sure darn live without us. I mean, were humans around when the dinosaurs ruled the lands? No. We just happened to evolve (or gods' will for those who believe in that side of it) and come to live on this planet. Just the horses and the elephants and the tigers and the flamingos. They evolved. So did we.

But we got BIG BRAINS and they didn't. That made us think we were above them and they were just a kind of toy for our Happy Meals.

Just to say,

animals ruled the world before us and we just assumed that because of our brains we could rule above them.

But the thing is, they are STILL the rulers. Did the humans and animals ever fight for land rights? No. Sooooo who owns it now? Yes, you, on the other side of the screen. You. That's right. Animals.

And what right have we to bully them and kill them and take their home and exploit them.

Animals can't speak so they just laid back and decided to trust our judgments. They said, "Oh, you want some meat? Cultivate cows, chickens, pigs... Oh, you want vegetables? Cultivate these edible plants. Oh, you want land? Take some.  BUT NOT ALL OF IT."

So here we are ignoring their words and living our mundane lives when we should be saving animal kind from our own cruel, selfish hands.

We can't assume that we are on the top of existence. We can't think that just because we are a little smarter than animals and created things like iPhones and Facebook and drugs and war that we can go on and exploit the animal kingdom.

So, I guess I'll do a quick tiger warning here since I have finger power left...

TIGERS

If we don't do anything. And I mean DO ANYTHING. That word will soon mean nothing. Do not talk. STOP TALKING AND START ACTING! You conservationists out there I can't stand it anymore! If you're so knowledgeable and you have the power to stop it, stop this madness stop it now before those 6 letters are no more than just 6 letters.

Stop this ridiculous talking and start acting! Get your bums off your office chairs and get a move on!

Here are a few suggestions from me and I'm not AFRAID to put it up on the Internet.

1. Park rangers should be trained like army personnel. Discipline, loyalty, obedience, connectivity with tigers, tough grueling training that is awarded handsomely. If the rangers are not motivated, heck, use propaganda on them. Bribe them with money. We Need To Stop This.

2. It is not the poaching that is the problem. It is the demand. You must stop the leak not in the middle but at the hole where that water is coming out. Cover that hole up and soon the water will dry. The reason people aren't taking tiger conservation seriously is probably because they have forgotten the importance of the tiger as an existence. Tigers should not be presented as animals any more. They should be presented as individuals that have dreams and desires and the right to live.

3. Trans-boarder Unity. C'mon. I know we have differences and I know we hate each other so much we want to kill each other. But c'mon. This isn't one country's problem. We are all in this. We need to put our differences aside for endangered species. Admit it people, admit it, everyone of you that you have ALL made mistakes. You have ALL failed. Not just one of you. All of you.... All of you.

4. ASEAN-ROAR (or ASEAN-Tiger). This is a name I made up :) Since there does seem to be lots of tiger range countries in ASEAN countries, why not make up a whole separate organization just for saving the tiger. Heck, we won't need to SAVE the tiger if we hadn't DESTROYED it in the first place. Bringing people together that are already together shouldn't be too hard. Save the tiger, peeps. Save the ASEAN roar.

I thought I should put more but... I'm going to stop here. If any conservationists come across this, I bet you can use these ideas for other endangered species as well. No, no, no, don't shake your head and say it is impossible.

Remember boys and girls, where there's a will, there's a way.

Indira Gandhi... what would you do if you were here?

No comments:

Post a Comment